What Is A Personal Statement?
An important part of applying to college is writing a statement about yourself for the application. You need to write about yourself and why you want to go there.
This is also called a statement of purpose or a statement of intent. There are many different ways to write this down. A personal statement is a special kind of essay that you typically use when applying to schools or scholarships.
Your personal statement needs to be succinct and to the point. You need to show your personality and why you’d make a great addition to the school or scholarship program.
Personal Statement Example 1
I’ve been working hard to get my resume up to date, and I think I’ve done a great job. My goal is to work hard and prove myself worthy of attending this school.
I know I have what it takes to succeed in business because I’ve overcome many obstacles in my life. Being born into poverty, I grew up without a father figure.
I had to learn how to survive on my own. I studied diligently throughout high school and college, and I am now prepared to take on the world. I’m confident that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I’ve already proven myself in the workplace by starting my own company.
I love to help people and solve problems. I believe I could be successful in any field because I’m willing to learn new skills and adapt to different situations. I’m sure I can use my experiences to help others. I hope you’ll consider me for this opportunity.
📍 Tip For Writing A Personal Statement
A personal statement should be written in your own words. You need to describe yourself in the best possible light. Don’t copy someone else’s work!
Personal Statement VS Statement of Purpose
- First of all, a personal essay is slightly less formal than a statement of purpose.
- The second difference between them is reflected in their content. A personalized statement demonstrates your eagerness to get enrolled in a certain school. It has to show you as a person.
Personal Statement for College: Outline
An outline of a personal statement should be carefully studied by students who want to write a great personal statement.
- First, the outline must be organized.
- Second, the outline must be written according to the requirements of the university or college.
- Third, the outline must be properly formatted.
- Fourth, the outline must be carefully proofread before submitting it.